Since beginning her practice in 1997, Carol has educated women, helped them to understand their choices, and to acheive a satisfying birth experience. She has delivered about 700 babies.
Carol became interested in homebirth because of her own experiences with traditional hospital births. She became a doula (labor assistant) in 1989. After having her first homebirth in 1991, she became convinced of the benefits of homebirth for both mother and baby. She began studying midwifery and "caught" her first baby in 1995.
Carol has been married for 30 years. She has eight children that she taught at home, and eight grandchildren. Her hobbies include writing, crocheting, and sewing. She attended Glendale Community College's nursing program. Carol is a Christian and attends Calvary Community Church in Phoenix.
She is also passionate about caring for poor women and babies around the world. In 2004 she founded the non-profit corporation "Global Health Training". Global Health Training focuses on teaching healthcare with the purpose of improving maternal and neonatal outcomes. (globalhealthtraining.org) She has traveled to Mexico, Honduras, Haiti, Uganda and India teaching healthcare.
- Licensed by the State of Arizona 1997 - present
- Certified Childbirth Educator 1996 - present
- Volunteer Childbirth Educator at Crisis Pregnancy Center 1996
- Treasurer, Arizona Association of Midwives, 1998-2000
- Vice-President, Arizona Association of Midwives, 2000-2004
- Peer Review Committee, Arizona Association of Midwives, 1998 - 2013
- American Red Cross CPR Instructor 1992-1993, American Heart Association CPR Instructor 2005,certified in CPR 1984 - present thru American Red Cross & American Heart Association
- Neonatal Resuscitation Provider thru American Heart Association & American Academy of Pediatrics 1995 - present
- Owner of Special Delivery Childbirth Services & Supplies LLC 1996 - present.
- Founder/President of Global Health Training 2004-present.